We will teach you how to prepare and deliver presentations in both formal and informal speaking situations. First, you will learn about how to listen, to ask and to answer questions. You will also learn how to encourage conversation and build your skills as a listener and a communicator. Part of this is learning when and how to ask questions and how to respond in difficult situations.
You will learn the preliminaries of making a presentation, how to use attention-getting devices, how to develop yor topics and thesis, and how to do and use research. You will learn how to use the presentation matrix to help you organize your material and "see" the components of your speech.
We will discuss the major types of presentations. You will have the opportunity to make a demonstration presentation, an informative speech and a persuasive presentation. Finally, you will prepare and present a debate, the most challenging and rewarding of presentations.
English for Presentations course can be combined with General English and/or Business English for Executives and Professionals as well as being taken separately.
Intensive English Programs for Executives and Professionalss are offered in small groups and one-to-one.
Requirements and class size
- Group class size: Maximum 4, minimum 2 executive students
- Minimum age: 21 years and over.
- Minimum duration: 1 week
- Level: beginner to advanced
At our school in Phoenix, we provide executive classrooms equipped with:
- Free broadband Internet
- Free email access
- TV and video
- Daily newspapers and business periodicals
We offer three formats of Intensive English Programs for Executives and Professionals:
- Mini-Group Executive English Courses with 20 lessons a week in the morning or afternoon, Monday through Friday. Choose this program if you want maximum contact with international colleagues and require a more general approach to Platinum English.
- Combination of Mini-Group and Private One-to-One Executive English Classes. Choose this program if you want to combine contact with international colleagues with very specific input sessions relating to your particular professional field.
- Private One-to-One Executive English Classes with 15, 20, 25, 30 and 35 lessons a week. Choose this option for maximum intensity and progress, with a program designed solely to meet your objectives and needs.
Executive Courses start every Monday.
* 1 lesson = 45 minutes. If there is only one student in the class, the number of lessons is reduced to 10 one-to-one lessons a week.